Truth Behind American Ramp Company Lawsuit
In 2010 Spohn Ranch Skateparks (competitor) filed suit against American Ramp Company (ARC) purportedly on behalf of the US government, 7 state governments, and 65 city government customers.
• Although filed in 2010, ARC only learned about the existence of this lawsuit in Feb. 2012.
• Anyone can file a lawsuit and is by no means evidence that someone is at fault.
• The US Government and two other States have specifically declined to intervene in this nonsense (See Documents). Moreover, not one of the purported “plaintiffs” has elected to participate in the lawsuit.
• Every one of the customers listed in the petition that we have contacted were unaware they were named by Spohn Ranch as a plaintiff and every one said that they were satisfied with ARC and our product.
• Many of the purported “plaintiffs” named by Spohn Ranch in this suit have multiple ARC skateparks and phases and many of those have provided us with reference letters or referred other customers.
• Spohn Ranch solicits/builds projects using the same specifications they mention in this lawsuit. See brochure and specs they distribute.
• The attorney in this case is part of Spohn Ranch’s outside general council. They are known for their frequent bullying letters to us and other skatepark builders.
In our opinion, this lawsuit and the website designed to promote the lawsuit are nothing more than an attempt by Spohn Ranch to use the legal system, as opposed to its own product and services, to gain an advantage in the marketplace.
We at ARC are resolved to continue to manufacture quality products and continue to provide the same great service to which our loyal customers have grown accustomed.
1. Decline to Intervene – MA
2. Decline to Intervene -US
3. Decline to Intervene
4. Spohn Ranch – Fastener Free – Steel Brochure
5. Spohn Ranch – Fastener Free – Steel Specifications
For additional information contact LEGAL@americanrampcompany.com